Mark teaches private lessons on guitar, banjo, mandolin, ukulele, and bass guitar at his studio in Silver Spring, MD. He also teaches individual lessons at Opal Music Studio in Old Town Alexandria, VA, as well as individual lessons and ukulele classes at Levine Music. Mark regularly teaches classes and workshops at The House of Musical Traditions in Takoma Park, MD.
Drawing on his broad performance and compositional background in folk, classical, jazz, rock, bluegrass, soul, blues, and musical theater, Mark offers his students a wide musical perspective and tailors lessons to match student interests. Mark works with students on music of their choosing to improve technique and develop an understanding of music theory, improvisation, and composition.
For classical guitar students who would like to pursue the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) graded exams, Mark offers coaching in preparation for all aspects of the practical exams.
Mark is available to teach group workshops and classes. Here are a few that Mark has recently taught.
- Guitar Workshop: Expanding Your Strumming and Fingerpicking Repertoire
- Fingerstyle Guitar Workshop
- DADGAD Guitar Workshop
- Intro. to Improv. Guitar workshop
- Intermediate/Advanced Guitar Strumming Workshop
- Playing Well with Others (open to all instruments)
- Introduction to Guitar for Teachers of other Instruments